2021 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity
How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? The 2021 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity depends on the configuration you select, topping out at 2,000 pounds for 2-door models and 3,500 pounds for 4-door models.
No matter which configuration you choose for your Hood River drives, you’ll get legendary Jeep 4×4 technology along with a variety of impressive towing features. C. H. Urness Motors Co. has got everything you need to know about the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity and features right here. Check it out below, be sure to browse our online inventory to learn more about the 2021 Jeep Wrangler trim lineup.
How Much Can the Jeep Wrangler Tow?
The 2021 Jeep Wrangler has a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds, but how much you can tpw in your Wrangler depends on the trim level. See below for the details on the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity:
- All 2-door Jeep Wrangler models can tow up to 2,000 pounds, while all 4-door models can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- Most trim levels are available in either 2-door or 4-door configurations, but the Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trims are only available as 4-door SUVs. That means these trims can always tow up to 3,500 pounds of heavy cargo.
- Most of the 2020 Jeep Wrangler configurations return for the new year, and the lineup gains some eye-catching new color choices for 2021.
Which Jeep Wrangler 4×4 system is best-suited for towing?
- Selec-Trac® 4×4: primarily uses two-wheel drive on clear roads, but switches to 4×4 when you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4: uses a 4:1 low gear ratio with Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials and electronic front sway bar disconnect, designed to deliver exceptional off-roading performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4: this systemis the preferred option for towing, because it allows you to select a neutral option for towing on flat surfaces. It also features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for rough terrain.
If you have any questions about the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity or the Jeep 4×4 systems, feel free to contact our team with any questions.
If you’re looking to upgrade your ride with the iconic off-road capability that Jeep SUVs are famous for, check out Jeep Wrangler lift kits and other models like the new Jeep Gladiator off-road pickup!
Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
The impressive Jeep Wrangler towing capacity and innovative 4×4 systems are only the beginning. Select models come with a wide array of powerful standard features to upgrade all of your Goldendale, WA towing tasks. Every model receives heavy duty tow hooks in the front and rear, and you can opt for the Trailer Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group as a towing-specific upgrade. The latter comes with the following features:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
If you’re interested in even more security, you can upgrade to Jeep Wrangler LED headlights or a number of other genuine MOPAR® accessories!
Test Drive a New Jeep Wrangler for Sale in The Dalles
If you’re ready to check out the 2021 Jeep Wrangler for yourself, feel free to come by our dealership near Portland and set up a test drive. And if you want to start the process of bringing one home, you can apply for financing right from our website.
More from C. H. Urness Motors Co.
Explore exciting new places when you select your next new vehicle for your Hood River garage. Let us introduce you to the 2024 Jeep Wrangler configurations, giving you plenty of options and reasons to invest in a Jeep for excursions in and around Goldendale, WA. You’ll also love this rugged and reliable SUV for wilderness adventures…
The 2024 Jeep Compass has it all: rugged capabilities, a beautiful interior, a fantastic engine, and all of the high-tech and comfort features modern drivers want. The 2024 Jeep Compass mpg is the icing on the cake for this new vehicle! Get ready to elevate every drive in Hood River with one of the top…
Maybe you’re looking for a luxurious, family-friendly SUV with rugged, off-road capabilities, and you want your next new vehicle to be easier on the fuel costs. If so, let us introduce you to the 2024 Jeep Grande Cherokee 4xe configurations! This Jeep has plug-in hybrid (PHEV) capabilities, allowing you to go all-electric for short…